Fullscreen : A Free WordPress Theme From Graph Paper Press

Fullscreen : A Free WordPress Theme From Graph Paper Press

Fullscreen is a free one-column photography and multimedia theme for WordPress that can be used for portfolios, photoblogs, videoblogs, and virtually anything else where you want your content to be front and center. It provides visual artists (photographers, painters, videographers, motionographers, illustrators) a better way of presenting their latest work online using a minimalist side-scrolling homepage. Emphasis is placed on your content, rather than on an overly designed theme.

If you are a paying subscriber to Graph Paper Press, Fullscreen can be downloaded from your member page.
Fullscreen will soon be available as a free theme for everyone to download as soon as they complete development of the premium version of this theme.

Features

• Side-scrolling homepage packed with thumbnails representing your posts
  • Automatic thumbnail generator with the ability to override the automated thumbnails
  • Built-in HD video player for self-hosting HD quality video
  • Ability to embed video from YouTube (HD), Vimeo, MetaCafe, Seesmic, Google Video, Revver
  • jQuery UI framework for icons
  • 950 pixel wide theme with no left or right sidebar
  • Comments are revealed in a modal dialog window to minimize page clutter
  • Threaded comments
  • Three footer widgets
  • Built-in Gravatar support for comments
  • Drop-down navigation to maximize homepage space
  • Built atop CSS frameworks to speed customization
  • Forward and backward compatibility with previous versions of WordPress
  • XHML: This theme has been tested on Firefox, Safari, IE 8, 7, 6.

Price : FREE
Live Demo : Fullscreen
Source : Graph Paper Press

13 Comments

1. jr says:

hi,

any idea how i can add the sidebar on the left side of the entries? i’m having a headache over this..
    pls drop me an email if possible

thanks.

2. Laurens Cui says:

Hi,

Anyone know how to fix the problem with the thumbnails not showing up on the front page? I called my host and asked them to disable the Mod_Security, and with still no luck. Any ideas?

Please email me. Thanks.

3. The navigation isn’t showing up for me.
    Any ideas why?

4. Jake says:

Evan, it confused me for a while, too. Navigation is actually a menu. Create a menu, drop what you want on it, and it’ll show up.

Has anyone noticed that designating a post as “sticky” totally screws up this theme? Wish I could find a solution for that.

5. Gregory says:

forward and bakcward buttons on home.php are nothing…

6. Simen says:

Jake, I also tried making a stickypost, but I end up getting a double-post, and if I try to remove one of them the other disappears as well. Did you find a solution for this?

7. red says:

Cool theme. But it has some bugs that can’t really be solved unless you sign up as a paid member to get access to their support forums. Tricky.

8. Imke says:

Hi there,

I also love this theme very much and just try to get it to my photo site.

But: I have also the problem with the “menu”.
    Thanks Jake… I put my categories on the “menu”… But how can I show them as a drop down menu like they do on their demo blog? Do you know that?

9. Jake says:

We covered this via e-mail, but I’ll post here to help out anybody else.

What I did to make it work was to create a static page. I then put that page in as a menu item, and put the categories as subitems below that page.

If there’s a more elegant way to do it, I’m all ears!

10. Imke says:

Yeah, Jake- that was it. Thank you so much for helping me. It is working now. 🙂

11. kimi says:

Hi Jake or anyone that knows…
    Thanks for putting up the solution about the Fullscreen drop down menus on the home page. I’m having the same problem and have tried to follow this but don’t know how to add the categories as subitems below a standard page (the page is on the custom menu) Can anyone help please. Thanks

12. Ally Reeves says:

Have been using Fullscreen with wordpress 3.2.1 and have detailed all the issues I hit + solutions at

I tried to be very through. Set up hosting via GoDaddy.

13. Josh. says:

Hi Kimi,

You can drag and drop the categories and pages in your menu, on the Appearance ¦ Menus dashboard, both to re-order and also to create a hierarchy which controls the drop-down settings.

J.